Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could create your own pick up lines on the spot, like a true natural player? Well it’s a lot easier than you think and I’m about to explain exactly how you can do it.
You can go online all day and come up with hundreds of things that other people tell you to repeat to girls. That’s great and all, but wouldn’t it be great if you could create your own lines to start conversations.
Now I do think this is a little bit more advanced, so if you can barely even deliver a pick up line from the other pages without shaking and running away, then leave this for now and come back when you get a little more comfortable approaching women you don’t know.
Situational pick up lines
These are what I mainly use now at the time of writing. a situational opener is taking something about the current situation and using that to start the interaction. It could be noticing something about her, it could be a Seinfeld-esque “what’s the deal with that guy?” usually it’s noticing something aboutthe environment and saying the first question that comes to mind:
“How can they eat ice cream in the winter?” “would you wear that?” “which one do you think is healthier?” I know when I have used a situational opener, because when I try to remember which opener used, I can’t. It’s so natural and unconscious and uncalculated that it slips my mind.
Leave this section until you are comfortable approaching and using the scripted pick up lines and then come back and practice developing this natural skill.
I believe that the best opener to use in a given situation is a spontaneous and situational one.
A canned line is often effective because it is designed to be interesting but there are a few problems with canned openers:
- When you are delivering your canned opener, you will find it more difficult to switch from remembering things to say to feeding off hooks and being spontaneous. It’s a mental shift. It is easier to have a spontaneous mid-game if you aren’t using canned lines.
- Using canned material means you aren’t exercising the mental muscle that is spontaneous, interesting, different, and funny.
- It is inherently insincere and unless you are a very good actor, she will pick up on that on some level. don’t get me wrong, you can still take things all the way, but you are basically lying.
If you took the same opener and were able to see the difference between it being performed as a canned opener and as a genuine spontaneous thought, you’d see that the reactions were 10x better when it was the latter. The reason is simply because people can pick up on genuineness, it might not be consciously but they will pick up on it on some level.
How can I get better at coming up with my own pick up lines?
To develop your skills at delivering situational openers, I suggest you do the following exercises:
1. When in conversations with your friends, see how you could turn the current topic or question into a spontaneous opener. for example, you are talking about day- game, and you might wonder how well it works, so turn it into a female opinion opener “I was talking to my friend, and I wanted your opinion on this.
We always meet girls in night clubs and bars, never in the day-time, but would you think it is alright for a guy to chat you up in the day-time?… right and did you meet any of your ex boyfriends in the day-time?” notice these moments, and if there is a girl around, open her, if not, file it away because at least it is something you are genuinely curious about and your own creation.
2. When in any environment, whether in the street or in a bar, look at the environment and try and imagine what you’d use to open a woman in this particular situation. I live on leicester sq in london, and if I walk around, I might see the films at the cinema and craft an opener about what film to watch, I might use the famous actor’s hand-prints to ask whether she was in x film, or I might use the theatre ticket booth to ask an opinion on a particular show. There are hundreds of situational openers in any environment.
3. In any environment, you can also look at all the women, and think of observational openers. Things like complimenting her on the way her nail colour matches her top and her hair band, or asking whether an unusual piece of jewellery was from africa. look at every woman and see what jumps out at you. Generally men wear drab clothes that there isn’t much to say about, but women have bags, accessories, jewellery and more colourful and interesting clothes. There is something that jumps out at you in 90% of cases.
4. when you do this, you’ll also find that you become more observant, and more externally focused which is another skill of the natural.
5. Get into the habit of saying the first thing that comes to mind when you are in conversation. Blurt things out as you think them. By saying what you think as you think it, you are more likely to be spontaneously funny or to take the conversation down a unique path.
This is what you do with friends and family. you don’t filter or censor or double-check your speech, you don’t change your mind thinking something will be too boring. The outcome of doing this is hugely better conversations and much more interesting interactions.
6. Use my method of forcing yourself to develop this muscle and become more natural – see the girl, start walking towards her, and then decide what to say, or just say “hi” and roll with whatever comes to mind! Have an open mind and you are more likely to say something interesting and particularly relevant to her and the situation.
Okay guys, I hope all that was very useful. You’ll need to put the work in on this one, it’s not a quick and dirty way of getting fast results, but it works and that’s why it’s in here. As always, any comments, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer any questions.
Creating your own pick up lines is a skill that takes time, but once you train yourself to naturally think of one on the spot, you’re love life will change forever.